Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Going Great without Shampoo in My Life

F*** you!!!!! The f**in 'Aw, snap' messages really piss me off! Lately, Google Chrome from PortableApps keep dying on me like this. It's hard to send emails directly from the browser or doing any kind of important job with it right now (ie. using CIMBClick and blogging). I'm rewriting this post for the second time in fact, on my WordPad :P

Okay, getting back to the topic, it's been almost a month (I think) since I stopped washing my hair with any kind of chemical :) It's kinda funny to see the effect so strongly yourself. It took only a few days to cure my dandruff where it took me forever to control it with the usual anti-dandruff shampoos.

My hair looks healthier and darker now. Less hair loss too.

The only downside is it feels gross to wash my hair throughly with water only because the oily feeling doesn't really go away until it dries. But I'm sure it's just because I'm used to wash my hair until the natural oil got totally stripped away.. which kinda makes me wonder if that is what cause the hair loss and dandruff in the first place?

The result afterward is totally awesome though so I don't think I'm gonna touch the shampoo again any time soon :)

I'm not sure what to say about going no soap. I still use it for removing oily substances from my hands (usually after eating). Other than that, maybe for quick hand cleaning after going to the toilet. I don't use it for bathing purpose at all.

As for the benefits, I can feel that my skin is not as dried or tight as before and yet, I still feel as clean.... sorry, cleaner than before. It does take a long time to wash with only water though. And, I have to make sure my nail is trimmed or risk cutting my skin while scrubbing my body (using my hand).

Since I'm going great without shampoo and soap, I managed to convert my mom to follow this lifestyle too. I don't really know what kind of differences it make to her life but, she's not complaining and not returning to using shampoo and soap any time soon. So I take that as a good news.

How about you? Do you think you could stop using shampoo and soap like us?

I know one of the people who cannot do this and that person is my sister but that's because she loves sweet fragrances way too much.

What's your reason?


Edit 07 May 2013:
It seems like my natural hair color is actually dark brown instead of brownish black or reddish brown. Nice.

Anyway, as long I'm not wayyyy too stressed out, I just need water to wash my hair. Otherwise, I still need some kind of shampoo to clean it up along with the dandruff. It rarely happens though.

I try to go for natural shampoo like baking soda, lemon juice, etc. But the problem is, these items are never in pantry stocks when I need them. So I just use the commercial shampoo. Oh, well.

I still went without soap most of the time except when I eat strong smelled food with my hands. Its smells are almost impossible to remove quickly without soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.