Friday, April 15, 2011

Installing Panda Cloud - Error 5000

I can install it just fine on my laptop from my room (in the college).

However I have problem installing it on computers in a computer lab. It generated error 5000.

According to Panda Cloud support website,
http://www.pandasecurity.com/enterprise/support/card?id=505000&idIdioma=2

 error code 5000 happens when:
  • the installer used is outdated
  • there is no internet connection
As both conditions are false, I don't understand why this error appears.

So this morning, I called Mr. F, Panda Cloud Technical Support, for help. He asked me if:
  1. We use any proxy? Yes, we use ISA Server.
  2. Http access is allowed/enabled on the computer & proxy? Yes.
  3. Https access is allowed/enabled on the computer & proxy? Yes.
  4. FTP access is allowed/enabled on the computer & proxy? Yes.
He said to send him the screenshot and he'll get to me back with solutions later.

Well, the solution he gave (Panda proxy server) me doesn't work so through a few intelligent guesses I find out the correct proxy server address to use and which port. Some computer have to go through port 80 while others use port 8080. I don't know what is the differences between those client computers' settings as my technicians said they use the same settings on all of those computers.

So, no more error 5000 :) Thank goodness! Thanks Mrs. J for your support even though we've reached over the demo time limit.

It seems Panda Cloud works really fine on my servers and client computers so far. I'm tempted to use it instead of BitDefender. I mean all you need is internet, the installation is pretty fast and easy enough for most people to install it themselves (except when there are errors then you got headache).

There are still a few computers in the lab I haven't manage to install it on yet because of other errors. I haven't gone through them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.