Sunday, February 20, 2011

Not All Female Circumcision is Inhuman

I was reading Princess by Jean Sasson and.....

Kareem then brought up a puzzling subject; he asked if I had been circumcised. I told him I would have to ask Father. He cautioned me: 'No, do not ask. If you do not know, then that means you were not.' He seemed pleased with my reply.

I remember people talking about female circumcision awhile back. Mom said I have been circumcised too when I was a baby. I read on...

To change the subject, I asked my sister about circumcision. Her voice thin and low, Nura told me that she had been circumcised when she was about twelve years old. She said the rite had been performed on the three sisters that followed her in age. The youngest six daughters of our family had been spared the barbaric custom owing to the intervention of a Western physician who spoke for many hours against the ritual with our father. Nura added that I was blessed not to have endured such trauma.

I honestly have no idea what trauma she's talking about... But maybe that's because I was a baby?

The oldest women gathered around the frightened child, Nura, nude from the waist down, was held by four women on a bedsheet that had been spared on the ground. The oldest of the women raised her hand in the air; with horror Nura saw that she had a razor-like instrument in her hand. Nura screamed.

This reminds me of male circumcision. Where do they cut it for girls actually? I've been pondering this for awhile as I just can't imagine it. I know where boys' are cut...

Her wounds healed quickly, but she did not understand the implication of the procedure until her wedding night; there was an unbearable and much blood. As the condition persisted, she grew to dread sex with her new husband. Finally, after becoming pregnant, she saw a Western doctor who was appaled at her scars. He told Nura that her entire external genitalia had been removed and that, for sure, the sex act would always result in tearing, pain and bleeding.

Okay, what the heck are they talking about?! I mean I was circumcised too but... *comparing my xxx with other women' xxx found on the internet*... Nope, I just don't see the differences. I wonder if I was really circumcised like mom said I was. And this is where my curiousity brings me O_O

Click here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091018151633AActYyk

To go here and saw this! (Warning, GORE!)
http://noslavesofallahinamerica.blogspot.com/2008_02_01_archive.html

...
.....
.........
............
...............

Very gory, right?

But mine looks normal (look at the normal vagina diagram), so I asked my mom again to make sure and she told me that "In Malaysia, they just cut a little bit of skin. Just to 'ambil syarat'. That's why it doesn't look that different at all".

Hmm.... I know male circumcision is good, even the non followers do it for health benefits. As to where and how much they cut the male foreskin does not vary much.

So how come the female circumcision can varies that much? From cutting almost nothing to remove almost everything except the pee hole. I think this is the one Nura's got:


See how the vagina was almost totally closed? No wonder she's going to be in great pain everytime she had sex. Poor Nura... I just can't imagine how she and her husband can have any sex at all. I mean, where or how do he put his xxx in that? Can you?

No wonder it was considered mutilation and abuse :( Just imagining it is way to painful.

However, I've learned about the health benefits of male circumcision and has yet to hear any about female's circumcision. Why is that? I wonder if it's required in Islam at all (the female circumcision). Can the.. closed genitalia be opened again? Would it bring any complication?

More things to ponder. And for the record to non Muslim, Islam is not cruel. It's the people who manipulated His words for their own benefits that are cruel. If you do enough research, you can compare and see yourself the differences between real Muslims and the extremists.

There is in no way women are considered as mere properties who cannot state their own views. That's just the old tradition in Arab that used to be stopped by Prophet Muhamad himself. They (the Arabic males) are the ones who chose to restart and continue the practice again for their own gain. So do your research before you start labelling Islam as evil. This message is for all and especially to Cassandra, the blog owner of NO SLAVES OF ALLAH IN AMERICA.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.