Saturday, December 31, 2011

Internet Service Is Not Available.. Again

Problem Started: Around 8.00 AM
Description: Mr. A from Quality Department reported he can't access the internet
Action Taken:
  1. My laptop in Server Room's network status is fine. So I checked network line connection and switches' statuses using Omnivista 2500 installed on SQL Server - A lot of lines were down.
  2. This seems familiar so I asked a technician to check the switch on R8 - Just like I thought, the switch' power tripped. After restarting it, the network line connection and switches' statuses on Omnivista 2500 starting to look good again. Still, no internet.
  3. Maybe one of the servers or router in Server Room hang again - After restarting all the servers and router in the Server Room multiple times, the internet is still down.
  4. I wonder if there's any problem to access the internet directly on the server - Checked it out and it seems the servers can't access the internet either.
  5. Asked other Community College - Duh, they can't access the internet either because MyREN is down due to MyREN NOC power outage.
  6. Finally at 10.00 AM, the internet is back without me doing anything.
Problem Status: Solved by 10.00 AM
MyREN Contact: Mr. Sharizan Sumuui 03-83183151 (Office)


MUYMG - Edited on 07 April 2013 (Sunday)
When is this? I don't remember. This draft has no creation date for me to check... I think it's probably created on year 2011 though considering that I know it is written around the same date the other posts labeled as PPTM F29 but I have no way to find out the exact date. So... I set the date for this post to the last day on 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.