Friday, September 3, 2010

Closing Blogger Account - Finally!

Yesterday, I closed my old Blogger account which was created before Google bought Blogger. At that time, the option to delete Blogger account was not available yet.

But when it became available, it was only for Blogger account created under Google account because in order to delete your Blogger account, you have to delete your entire Google account. So you would also be deleting your Gmail account, Adsense, Reader and so on.

That sounds bad enough on its own but hey, an option is an option. Just my luck, that option was not extended to my old Blogger account because it was apparently not considered as a Google account. I guess the merging process between the popular Blogger and giant Google sites was not done yet.

While I don't blame them, this has been a thorn on my side ever since then. I don't like to keep my accounts hanging. I either use them or close them properly.

So I am very glad to see this option on my old Blogger account early this week.

Step by Step to Deleting Blogger/Google account

1. First, sign into your Blogger account, and go to My Account.

2. Then, scroll down to My products and click Edit.


3. Option below will appear. Click on the link.


4. It states that after deleting your Google Account, you will no longer be able to use any of the products listed in this page so there is no turning back if you go through with this.

So if you're sure, select each checkbox, fill in your current password and click on the Delete Google Account button to delete your account. Else, click Cancel.


5. Lastly you will get this message if you've successfully deleted your account. Now you cannot login with that username and password anymore.

Finally, one thorn has gone!

Update: Ooops, the pictures are gone...

2 comments:

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.