Friday, August 6, 2010

Choosing Wardrobe That is Nice and Simple to Maintain

Choosing a wardrobe shouldn't be that hard. I saw my friends do it effortlessly all the time. And yet..

Start rant --- I hate my wardrobe. I have too much clothes. I prefer simplicity and don't mind to wear same cloth over and over again everyday or every week. But right now, I have wayyyyy too much clothes than I care to wear. Mom won't let me throw it away either. And she keeps buying me more clothes! What to do? --- Stop rant

Heh, my mom said I'm an entirely different species. I don't like shopping and unlike most people, I feel like I have too much clothes instead of not enough. I have no idea how and why I got this problem. It's not like I'm super rich to have an overflowing wardrobe but my wardrobe is overflowing right now.

So I visited some how-to guides on how to choose a wardrobe. I didn't realize that I've really missed the basic. No wonder my wardrobe is such a nightmare to maintain. Okay so how to choose wardrobe essentials?

First, look at your Lifestyle
  • seldom go out
  • prefer to hang indoor
  • rarely need to change clothes
  • Malaysia don't have 4 seasons

Second, what is your Fashion Preferences?
  • no ironing
  • long black slacks always
  • blazer for formal outing
  • jacket for casual outing
  • smart look
  • khakis
  • absorbent

Third, what is your Favorite Color?
  • rainbows
  • any bright color

Lastly, remember the Basic Wardrobe
Tim Gunn's basic wardrobe includes:
  1. Basic Black Dress
  2. Trench Coat (Note: Beautiful Rain Coat?)
  3. Dress Pants (Love them!)
  4. Classic Shirt (Looking forward to look for colorful ones!)
  5. Jeans (Haha, no.. I don't wear Jeans)
  6. Any Occasion Top (Huh?)
  7. Skirt (Don't wear any outside)
  8. Day Dress
  9. Jacket (Love them!)
  10. Sweatsuit Alternative (Cool, I don't wear sweatsuit anyway.)

Not exactly Malaysian's wardrobe so some got crossed out. I think this is enough for a guide right now. We'll see how it goes next week.

After that... what do I do with the extra clothes? If I want to donate them, where do I go? Would anyone would even want them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.