Monday, December 30, 2019

Do you believe women have the right to walk down the street at 3 AM blind drunk and naked and not be assaulted?

Question on Quora:
Do you believe women have the right to walk down the street at 3 AM blind drunk and naked and not be assaulted? I'm not asking if you think they should or if you think it's smart. It's a theoretical question.

The link:
https://www.quora.com/Do-you-believe-women-have-the-right-to-walk-down-the-street-at-3-AM-blind-drunk-and-naked-and-not-be-assaulted-Im-not-asking-if-you-think-they-should-or-if-you-think-its-smart-Its-a-theoretical-question

My answer (10 November 2019):
TLDR: No

Long version:

Do I believe men and women have the right to walk down the street without being assaulted?

Yes.

Do I believe men and women have the right to walk down the street drunk and naked at any time of the hour?

NOPE.

Nope to public nuisance and indecency.

I do not like being around drunk people AT ALL. They smell bad, they can’t be reasoned with, and I absolutely hate it when people use being drunk as an excuse for doing stupid or bad things like rape, battery, or rabid dog in need of castration or chastity belt. All in all, please be drunk somewhere else like the pub or your own house. Kindly don’t bother others. I don’t want to feel the need to be wary whenever I walk up the street.

I also don’t need to see your body more than the necessary if you’re not my spouse. Like I literally don’t need to see your pussy or dick and it would be disgusting if I’m forced to see that without my consent.

So if I see you do that, and I can report that to the authority (as in, if it is against the law), then I will do so. As such, if the police officers have to physically restrain you or some force to get your cooperation, then I do not have any problem with that even if it gets you arrested and/or hospitalized.

But just for clarification…

I don’t believe one deserves to be assaulted for public indecency. But, arrested? That is totally justified.

I don’t believe one deserves to be assaulted for being a public nuisance if it’s just singing or blurting incoherence whatever in a soft voice or flirting (by women). That kind of thing justifies being arrested only. But if one refuse arrest? If the kind of public nuisance they do is things like yelling? Sexual harassment? Any threatening behavior? Anything that makes people around them worried about their safety? If they get assaulted, either by the public or the police officer who came to arrest them, it's possible that they totally deserve that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.