Friday, November 26, 2010

Raw Food Combining Secret

I tried the Detox Diet without having all the details. I supposed it is rather different reading a book than reading a whole website.

It's not a bad experience but I wished I had found Raw Energy Food Combining Diet by Leslie Kenton a lot sooner. For once it made sense why I should and shouldn't eat certain things or when it's just a case of bad combination.

Here's the book summary written on its back cover:
Food combining is a smart way to shed unwanted fat without counting one calorie. It is also a way of living that will prevent premature aging, illness and fatigue. Containing an outline of suggested menus to get your started, Raw Energy Food Combining Diet is packed with hundreds of mouthwatering recipes - including fabulous fruits and seeds to super salads, soups and vegetables - from which to choose your meals every day of the week. Not just a weight-loss diet, Raw Energy Food Combining Diet will make you feel more alive than ever before. It is easy:
  • Don't mix foods that fight
  • Eat only fruits for breakfast
  • Go for the water margin
  • Get into living food
  • Eat all you want

The book doesn't use technical or scientific jargon and explain everything in the simplest way possible which is fine for people like me.

Still it's a little bit too much information for me to get at once. I've finished reading it (though I skipped most of the recipes) but I feel like I need to read it again and again to really get it.

You can read some of the book's extract here:
http://www.lesliekenton.com/activebar/booksvideostapes/Books/Raw%20Energy%20Food%20Combining%20.htm

Anyway for now, what I understand is:
  • Fruits should be eaten alone.
  • Melon fruits should not be mixed with other fruits.
  • Breakfast should be fruits based only.
  • After eating fruits, wait 30 minutes before eating anything else.
  • Bananas, dates and dried fruits however stay longer in the body. Wait for at least 45 minutes before eating anything else.
  • To lose weight, steer clear of dried fruits until all the excess weight has been shed.
  • People who are not used to eating fruits might experience bloating and wind for 1-2 days. If the symptoms persist, consult a qualified nutritionist or doctor trained in nutrition.
  • Living food as sprouts, fruits and vegetables have special properties in their water content that really helps body to digest food
  • Protein and starch based food should never be mixed together because the enzymes needed to break them down is way too different
  • Wait 4-5 hours between protein and starch meals
  • Don't overeat, or under eat. Just eat until satisfied.
  • Want more? Read it!

Aww, I don't wanna give this book back to the library.. Can I just keep it to myself? Tehe.... :P

PS: This book explains why my Muslim friends said milk mixed with almond / any nut is good, milk mixed with dates is good but milk mixed with carrot is not so good. I asked my friends why is that so but none of them have the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.