Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Reevaluating MUYMG after 3 Months

My First Thought

I didn't know what to expect by creating this blog.

I just want to organize my thoughts because everything is jumbled in my head. I plan and plan, but hardly acting according to my numerous plans. I keep changing my mind because of my own insecurity and lack of trust.

I don't want to feel like a failure anymore but I don't think I can change easily. So I took a small step of creating NotALeader (now known as MUYMG).

Here, I hope to leave my track and be somebody I can be proud of while sorting out my mind.

The First Post

I have a lot on my mind during that time. I've just joined an online business and got intimidated with the prospect of cashing out more money for advertising and marketing, dealing with customers, and sharing real name, contact information, and photo with the world.

At the same time I was working on improving my skill in creating and coding layout using HTML and CSS which I've been hoping to master for a long time. With no money, no skill, no job...

I'd say, I have a lot of issues to deal with.

So it was expected that my first few posts are mostly me, whining about... everything.

Three Months in Rewind

At first, the whining helped me to release tension. I don't care what others are thinking about me. It's what I need that matter. I want to whine and whine until all is gone from my system.

So NotALeader was the perfect name for this blog.

Of course, I don't just whined. Sometimes I post interesting things that I found on the net. If I'm feeling neutral, I post about Blogger and IT stuff. Most of the times though, I wrote about my dreams, my ambitions, my faults, my plans, and without realizing it, I'm getting deeper into self introspection and falling in love again with writing essays.

NotALeader is no longer a suitable name for this blog.

I still have my issues and I still cannot make up my mind on what to do so with one quick decision I changed the name to MUYMG which is the acronym to Make Up Your Mind, Girl!.

It was strange but after that, my posts get longer and sound more positive. Even the vibes of the blog is more positive and calmer instead of negative and gloomy.

The topics are still focusing on introspection and IT stuff. I write about Introspection when I need to be more honest with myself and when I have something to talk about. I write about IT, when I'm feeling neutral or when I need to post quick content.

Ups and Downs During the Three Months

One of the reason I create this blog is to create a habit of being consistent. I have realized this truth for a long time now. Anyone who is good at something is often found consistently practicing and experimenting to achieve amazing result and persistent against whatever that may come to stop him.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people who easily abandon their target when things get hard. That is why I have no great achievement to boast in my life. It's really shameful.

So in order to break that bad habit, I try to write at least one post everyday except weekends.

I'm glad to say that I rarely break that rule.

What Next?

I don't know yet but I want to get better.

MUYMG is one of the best things that happen in my life because it slowly helps me to create a routine and giving me something to focus on. I tend to get distracted by shiny objects especially those offered by online marketers.

However, MUYMG forces me to accept the fact that certain things just take time and cannot be rushed. It helps me to be more patient with myself and stop belittling my own ability.

So I am taking it one step at a time. Slowly, but steadily making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.