Friday, July 16, 2010

Hunting for FREE Images and Photos

I'm stumped... I wonder how the other bloggers do this? I mean, they always have cool pictures on their blog. Oh, I didn't mean real photos because I know where and how to get it for free on net. I mean those anime pictures, cool drawings, and awesome picture/photo edits, with no label whatsoever on it. Just where do they get them?

I know I can take screenshot for anime but is that legal?

I know where to get cool drawings but didn't you have to give credits for those?

I know where to get awesome picture/photo edits too but again, aren't you supposed to give credits to those?

As much as I admire this lovely blog, all the pictures/drawings the author used do not link to anywhere else or include any credit. I'm starting to wonder if this is just a mistake on her part. You know, the usual beginner mistake...? That whenever you found pictures or photos you like, just save it on your computer and upload to your blog. Of course, it is entirely possible that she created all that herself considering that her blog header is totally awesome and personal.


I really should start asking her all of these questions directly instead of wasting my time playing this guessing game... :/

Oh by the way, I just searched Google and found this blog post about anime blogging. Nice one! So, it's legal to take screenshot of anime under Fair Use law. I've done some research about it before but I totally forgot all about it. I'm still a little bit confused though.

It's fine to use copyrighted material for commenting/reviewing/parody/reporting/teaching/scholarship purposes. But, what if I want to use it for totally unrelated purposes? For example, using anime screenshot as decoration in a blog post even though the content of the post has nothing to do with that anime or anime at all?

Ouch, that hurts my brain!

Oh well, it's not that important but I'm just curious. It's a good thing that I've found more photo/picture source while searching for all this clue.

Free Photos
Public Domain Images
Mmm.. nice.. any more suggestion? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.