Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Point of Writing

I love reading but I have a hard time reading things that don't interest me (so does everyone else). I love blogging because I love creating something. I used to be complimented for being a good writer during primary and secondary education class. But, I found no motivation to write after that because there's just no point in doing it. I mean, even if I write it, no one is gonna read it, it's not useful, and it's not going to help my grade anymore.

Every now and then, the plot bunny sometimes become too much too handle and my hand itches to write and so I end writing those embarrassing fan fictions and weird fictions. My sister found one of the fan fictions by accident and said it was good (she is an aspiring fiction writer and dreams to write her own novel someday). I wasn't sure which fiction she's referring too but it was a nice stroke to my ego :)

I love fan fictions because I already know who the characters are and why I like, am neutral to or dislike them. With every plots and stories, there must be something you wish would have happened or didn't happened in the story line and that's what fan fictions are for. I'm so glad for the existence of wonderful fan fictions. I am quite stunned though to learn that there are a lot of amazing writers that start writing smuts since they're 13 years old or so on www.fanfiction.net. Not that I'm complaining...

Strangely, when it comes to visual media like mangas, comics, and movies I prefer it light and humorous or totally action-packed. I prefer to keep the romance at minimum. I'm not interested in those seductive scenes, it feels weird. Even though I like Eat.Pray.Love the movie, I have to turn my face during those scenes. It's too intimate, I feel like I'm intruding their moments.

Some of my old favorites are movies made by Disney like Pocahontas, Anastasia, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and The Lion King. The songs and the soundtracks are incredible. Come to think of it, most movies I like have good songs and soundtracks in them. It's the component that makes the movie truly mind blowing, engaging and powerful that makes you feel like you're at the scenes. Every bad movies should have them. It makes it easier for the audiences to go through the torture till the end.

I still see no point in sharing this with others but, I feel like writing it. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Semua komen akan ditapis terlebih dahulu sebelum disiarkan. Apa pun, saya ucapkan ribuan terima kasih kerana sudi komen :)

Thank you for leaving your comments :) but please be informed that all comments will be screened before they are posted on this site.